Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aychmung

Bathroom Vanities

AychMung
10 years ago

Hi. Pretty new to the GW community, but most people seem pretty helpful in posts so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I've been considering buying a vanity from Kitchen Bath Collection for a condo I'm redoing. These guys are pretty affordable, for those who don't want to (or can't afford to) spend their whole remodel budget on a super high end vanity, but I don't really know much about them. Anyone have any experience with them?

Also, what brands do you guys think give you the most bang for your buck? I've checked out a few Virtu and Ronbow vanities, but the showrooms around here are pretty small. Either that, or the vanities are way out of my price range...

I appreciate any feedback and help I can get!

Comments (24)

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Kitchen Bath Collection is made in China, as you well know. Enough said.

• kam76
    10 years ago

I can't remember who on here ordered one of these from Amazon but they were happy with it so far: http://www.amazon.com/Yorker-36-inch-Bathroom-Vanity-Carrera/dp/B005R2JJX0

I don' t know what style you are going for but our Costco here has a couple of nice vanities to choose from. I don't know how budget you are trying to go but there are several building salvage type places around here that have vanity cabinets and you can check on craigslist for countertop/sinks.

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@may_flowers: So is my iPhone... And what isn't nowadays?

@kam76: I've never noticed whether or not my local Costco carries vanities, but I'll check it out this weekend when I stop by. I'm trying to stay under $2000 for a double vanity setup in the MB (so cabinet, countertop, faucets, and mirror). I like the Virtu Huntshire 72" and Kitchen Bath Collection's Elizabeth 72-inch (Carrera/Chocolate). Can't seem to find a showroom that has them though. I'll probably end up calling Kitchen Bath and a few Virtu showrooms to see if I can't hunt one of these down in person.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

There's a difference in a Chinese factory run by an American or European corporation who can put in place their own quality control and a factory run or bankrolled by the Chinese government.

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@may_flowers: Honestly, I don't want to get into a debate about the whole "made in China" thing. I honestly don't care where the product is made, as long as the quality is good. I'd prefer to listen to people who have had experience with the company, instead of just pure speculation.

• motherof3inct
    10 years ago

hobokenkitchen purchased a beautiful double vanity from modern bathrooms. Her bathroom is gorgeous. When I asked about the quality of it, I think it was too soon to say.

• lillo
    10 years ago

I think the Costco furniture too is made in China , you can check it. We bought a king bed three years ago , and it's in excellent condition , very sturdy .

• azmom
    10 years ago

"There's a difference in a Chinese factory run by an American or European corporation who can put in place their own quality control and a factory run or bankrolled by the Chinese government.".

- Only wish you have been to China and seen the fabulous products made there, some have been for a few hundred years.

- If what you said is true, why Detroit car makers need US Government to bail them out for more than once?

My next door neighbors purchased one from Overstock, it is made in China. It looks really nice. The wife said it has been more than a couple of years, and it holds up very well.

This post was edited by azmom on Sat, May 18, 13 at 11:33

• suzanne_sl
    10 years ago

The Costco website has several vanities. This one is 72" and includes the granite top and sinks for $1499:

If you'd like to choose your own top, most kitchen cabinet lines carry cabinets which would make good vanities.

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't know how to have more than one picture per post, so here's a picture of one of the drawers. Looks pretty nice.

• kam76
    10 years ago

That is beautiful! What kind of countertop is it? Marble?

• Gracie
    10 years ago

What are you going to keep in your three little drawers? It just goes to show that the Chinese don't have as much "stuff" as we Americans.

• motherof3inct
    10 years ago

A friend if mine purchased 2 Virtu vanities that were shipped to her. Both were delivered in perfect condition. Her GC commented how well made they were.....that still didnt sway me from my Ronbow purchases :). I love my Ronbow Torino vanities. One has been installed, the other will be moved upstairs tomorrow.

I remember looking at the Kitchen bath collection site during my frantic vanity research. I didnt like their policy on damaged backsplashes. Made me a bit leery about their delivery. Where is their showroom? I didnt see it listed on the site....just a warehouse pic.

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@kam76: It's Carrara marble.

@motherof3inct: I called them and asked if they had a showroom. It's just their warehouse, and it's in Gardena in the Los Angeles area.

• benlinus
    10 years ago

Costco furniture is made âÂÂâÂÂin China, I think you can see it. Three years ago we had a king bed, and it is very powerful excellent condition.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Kitchenbathcollection's website says it's been in business as an importer from China for 16 years, but I couldn't find out much more about them. You'd think after 16 years, they'd have some sort of presence on the Web. Do they even advertise? And I mean where you have to pay for it, not where they go post on websites.

If you're trying to sell us on their vanities, you've given very little information of why anyone would want to take a chance on them, sight unseen. What did you like about their vanities compared to Virtu's? Your drawer box photo doesn't even show construction of the important parts of a drawer, and side-mount glides waste space. My 36" vanity has more drawer space than their 72" vanity.

If you're not a spammer for KBC, I'd continue shopping. Several people here have recommended Virtu and Costco as someone who will stand behind their product. No one seems very interested in the KBC vanities.

This post was edited by may_flowers on Thu, May 23, 13 at 11:03

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@may_flowers: I don't know if they do advertising, but I first found them on Amazon.com, since a couple of their items are on the first few pages.

I'm not trying to sell anyone here anything. If you noticed my earlier post, I was deciding between KBC's Elizabeth (which I pictured above) and Virtu's Huntshire 72-inch because I liked how they look. Then, late last week, I made a trip and visited both Virtu's and KBC's showrooms (which both happened to be in their respective warehouses), and I thought that KBC's products had the better finish. However, I won't go so far to say that KBC is better because when I was at Virtu's warehouse, the only Huntshire 72" they had in the showroom was damaged, really dirty, and didn't have the handles/knobs and countertop installed, and thus, it wasn't really a proper representation of the product. It's for this reason alone that I haven't already purchased KBC's vanity. I'm trying to hunt down another showroom that carries the Virtu Huntshire 72" (it's pretty difficult), so I can actually find out which one is better.

However, during my visit to both warehouses, KBC as a company gave me a better impression than Virtu did. At KBC, their warehouse was organized and packed to the brim with their stock. On the other hand, at Virtu (just to be clear, this is their headquarters in Garden Grove, CA), they share a warehouse with another company, and I didn't see much stock. The guy I spoke to there even told me that they were having trouble with their manufacturers, leading to their lack of stock. Also, everything was pretty messy, and there were piles of damaged parts/items just laying around. All in all, my first impression was that as a consumer, I would be more comfortable purchasing from KBC.

I don't know why you're so convinced that I'm a spammer. Sure, I favor KBC's vanity more at this point in time, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll end up buying it over the Virtu. Plenty of people here post about what they're interested in. In fact, I don't understand why you're so against KBC, when you personally don't have any experience with them. Your main critique up to this point has been that they're "made in China". Virtu's vanities are also made in China, so that puts them on equal footing IMO. As for drawer space, I didn't bring a measuring tape, but at first glance, the Virtu Huntshire and the KBC Elizabeth seemed to have similar drawer space. Both vanities are made of solid wood, but Virtu might have had dove-tailed drawers (I forgot if that was the Huntshire or not. I only remember that I saw dove-tailed drawers at Virtu, though not all of their vanities had them).

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Please post a photo when you have it installed in your bathroom.

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@may_flowers: IF

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Well, whatever you end up with. We like finished bath photos. What else do you have planned for the room?

• AychMung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carrara marble flooring, a toilet, a shower, and obviously the vanity. Debating a shower/tub combo. I don't know if it'll make the room look more cramped...

• cyntiap
    10 years ago

@AychMung - did you end up buying the Elizabeth vanity? I've been considering that exact vanity and would be interested in hearing what you thought of it if you did end up purchasing it.

Thanks!

• enzaenza
    8 years ago

AychMung ... What did you end up purchasing?