Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steel tub like Mirabelle Edenton?

Posted by razorbackfan (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 18:02

I am looking for a steel bathtub similar to the Mirabelle Edenton, 60 x 30, to be installed in a three-sided alcove.

I love the Edenton, but the contractor that we're working with says that his clients have been more pleased with a porcelain steel tub, and that they're not that easily chipped (with normal use).

By "similar to the Edenton," I want a tub that's long for stretching out my legs (I'm 5' 10"), wide as possible, and reasonably deep (i.e., 14+ inches till overflow) for good soaks. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steel tub like Mirabelle Edenton?

Your contractor is loopy. Steel is the low end of the tub world. Now if he actually means cast iron, that's another story. But there is nothing wrong with a nice acrylic tub as long as you don't scrub it with Comet or other abrasives.

o
RE: Steel tub like Mirabelle Edenton?

Holly, thanks for the honesty. His answer confused me, because I had been looking online enough to believe that acrylic tubs are actually very nice--and typically superior--to steel tubs.

I've spent the evening searching for a "quality steel bathtub." Kaldewei makes some beautiful ones, but availability is a concern. They are much more expensive than the Edenton, and the bottom of the tub is somewhat narrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here