Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pedestal Sink plumbing question...

Posted by ladydredre (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 17:48

I purchased the park pedestal sink from restoration hardware. What are the alternatives if I don't buy their decorative water supply kit (the tube and kit cost a whopping $430)... will the plumber just provide something basic? Are there any other good looking altenatives? What do most people do with a pedestal sink??

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware supply kit and drain trap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pedestal Sink plumbing question...

There are inexpensive 'decent' looking alternatives at Home Depot, moderately priced 'good' looking alternatives through a plumbing supply house, and a variety of 'good to great' looking alternatives online at all price points.

How visible will your plumbing be? In other words, is your sink directly opposite a door that will be left open most of the time? Is it an upstairs kids' bath? Will it be behind a center pedestal or exposed by an open-front console?

o

It is off of the TV/family room so will be used by guests when casually entertaining and the sink is right in front of the door...

talked to the plumber today he said he could try to mount everything close together so its hidden - so 1 option is to do nothing and live with the semi hidden regular uglyish stuff...

but, actually found something decent for much less that i'm considering .... http://www.decorisland.com/details.asp?productid=45402&optionid=237406&feedid=2&utm&zmam=85702793&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=D1638L-26

Here is a link that might be useful: kit for $130 - westbrass

o
found another one.... in case anyone needs!

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=RMPK-102-CP

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=RMPK-102-CP

o

I've ALWAYS used the Kohler Angle Stops and their CAST Chrome P trap.

I wish the handle was a bit more update but for aesthetics, I prefer them....

o

ladydredre

Would you mind posting the finished result as we bought the same sink and I would love to see the outcome? The westbrass option looks good for us since we have a polished nickel faucet! I would love to see how the plumber could hide it!

Thanks

o

We are considering the Park sink and wonder if you would recommend it? Any concerns about quality?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here