Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elleleegreen

Need new bathroom faucets that will complement polished brass

elleleegreen
11 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this board and it seems like such a great resource I'm hoping someone out there has had this same problem and found a solution they will share.

We are remodeling our traditional style house for resale.

We need to replace the master bathrooms (a his and her) faucets. They are the shiny polished brass/crystal glass knob ones from the 1980's and look old and tacky.

The other hardware in the bathrooms (shower, bathtub,) is high quality polished brass. It would be very expensive to replace everything, but if I could get by with just replacing the sink faucets and towel racks, it would be fine. The house has polished brass door handles, hinges, etc. but they aren't super shiny so they don't bother me so much.

I have replaced lighting and kitchen knob hardware with Oil Rubbed Bronze.

I don't like the thought of replacing the bath faucets with new polished brass again, as I'm worry it will still look dated.

Has anyone had this issue trying to update some of the polished brass in their home?

Any opinions or ideas on just replacing some of the polished brass and leaving the rest, and is so, what finish looks good with the polished brass.

PS Both bathrooms have off white vanity and porcelein off white tiles.

Thank you very much!

Comments (3)