Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling mounted rain head vs standard wall mounted shower head?

Posted by tcjohnsson (My Page) on
Fri, May 15, 09 at 17:20

I have two showers in my two bedroom unit (I didn't want tubs).

The showers are decent size at about 34" wide x 55" long. They each have a 14" deep x 19" high x 34" wide shower bench. My question is would you prefer to have a rain head where the shower head is mounted to the ceiling in the middle of the shower? Or would you rather opt for the standard wall-mounted shower head? Pros? Cons?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling mounted rain head vs standard wall mounted shower hea

There was an enlightening discussion on this a while back so you should try doing a search. In general the gist of the comments was that a rain shower head experience is usually gentle and those with thick hair have difficulty rinsing shampoo and other hair products. Many, however, like the rain shower for the gentleness. In one shower that will be used by grubby children coming in from playing outside we have installed both a rain shower and a handshower in hopes that they will be enticed into getting cleaned up before they wander through the house. This will also probably be the dog shower. We haven't had a chance to use it yet as we are still waiting for our c.o. HTH.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here