Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting for double vanity

Posted by shapco (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 17:12

We're starting to redo our MB and will have a 60" double sink vanity with a single 36" x 60" mirror. We will have some overhead lighting, but I would also like some additional lights above the mirror. I'm uncertain if I should do 1 fixture (5-6 bulbs in the 36 to 45" width range), or 2 fixtures (2 or 3 bulb each). Any suggestions or pictures you can point me to would be most helpful! Thanks. Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting for double vanity

As I did ,and a lot of people on this website do. Go to Houzz website and look at bathroom pictures . There are plenty , and with products information too.

o

We have that set-up with a 60" vanity and I don't like it. One long light fixture is too much light, and the large mirror dominates the room. When we remodel our MB, I'm going to put a cabinet in between the two sinks so we can have separate mirrors and light fixtures.

o

i have a 66" vanity set up with two separate mirrors and lights. choosing the lights and mirrors for this type of setup is a little tricky though as the space between them is kind of tight. though the advantage to this setup is that the space in between the mirrors might be enough room for you to do a towel ring too. and if you do medicine cabinets, you each get your own storage.
HTH!

o

Thanks for the feedback everyone. At first we were thinking of doing 2 separate mirrors, but our MB isn't very big. I was leaning towards the single mirror to make the room look bigger. Also, if we do two mirrors, they can't be very wide. Has anyone done one big mirror with separate lights over each sink? I'm having a hard time finding pictures of this since the trend these days is the 2 mirror set up.

o

I have purchased all my items for my master bath remodel which will begin shortly (after hall bath completed). I have a 60" vanity with double sinks, 2 medicine cabinets and 2 overhead light fixtures. We opted for med cabs for storage, but I do like how a large framed mirror looks. Take a look at the finished bathroom thread. I love hobokenkitchen's 72" cane vanity with large mirror. I dont recall if she had 1 or 2 overhead fixtures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here