Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best toilet for small space

Posted by kinshasa (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 17:09

I need to replace the 22 year old toilet in a small bathroom.
It has a stall shower and the bathroom is not used regularly. My daughter uses it when she visits from out of state a few times a year. In other words this does not have to be top of the line!

Does anyone have experience with Kohler Wellworth? It was suggested to get a toilet with a round, not elongated, seat to save space. Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best toilet for small space

There are 2 styles of Kohler Wellworth--the classic (model# K-3577) and the new (model# K-3997). We opted for the new Wellworth as it has a more updated style to it. We've been happy so far. The other thing to consider is if you will go comfort height or standard height. The round seat will save space. Most other ladies I've talked to are fine with round seats--it's usually the men who like the elongated, so you should be just fine since its the bath your DD uses.

Hope this helps!

o

Our master bath is 4'4 by 6'10. The smallest, best-reviewed toilet I found is the Toto Eco Supreme - we have been very happy with it.

I forget which website I bought it from but it was only about half of Toto's list price.

Here is a link that might be useful: toto eco supreme

o

I plan to get the Toto "Promenade� Toilet, Round Bowl - 1.6 GPF - SanaGloss�". It has the G-max flushing system. The style is traditional. It comes with a round bowl and 26.25" depth. I have a small bathroom and need to consider the reach out into the room. I looked up the Toto Supreme and it looks like it has an elongated bowl. These typically are 28" deep. But it has a nice narrow tank, so if side to side is an issue it would be nice.

Here is the Promenade specs:
Photobucket

I haven't ordered my toilet yet, but will soon. My plumber loves Toto's.

o

I installed the Toto Promenade in my skinny bathroom. It was the shortest I could find wall to front of the bowl and still be comfort height. I would have liked something a little more modern looking but it is a wonderful toilet and worked well in my small space.

o

You can get Toto Supreme with a round bowl.

o

Thanks for the replies. We have Toto Drakes in our other two bathrooms and love them. Eventually this third bathroom will be remodeled. It is low priority. I'll probably get the Wellworth. I can't see spending beaucoup bucks for Toto for that bathroom.

o

I installed the Toto Promenade in my son's bathroom a year and a half ago because it was one of only two toilets that were short enough from front to back to fit. I love the look, it looks right in our 70 year-old house. It flushes well and has never clogged but, unfortunately leaves skid marks that are hard to scrub off. I had wanted the Sanagloss finish but it's only available in white and I needed almond to match the existing tub. I recommend the ADA height and the soft-close lid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here