Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing shower in master bath

Posted by shiltsy (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 16:40

We are putting our 14 year old home on the market soon. Everything in the home has been updated with the exception of the master shower. It's a fairly cheap builders grade shower and is something that potential buyers will definitely point out.

As you can see in the pictures (link below), it's a semi custom shower stall. Would it be worth trying to replace the glass pane/frame and door or should I consider ripping and replacing the whole unit? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to tile over that white shower board stuff that makes up both walls currently?

Any creative ideas would be appreciated! I don't mind spending some money, keeping in mind that this is purely for resale.

For what it's worth, the bathrooms/kitchen/etc are tile and granite.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower stall pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing shower in master bath

In my opinion changing just the glass panels, will show even more what is inside . I just heard that there is a company that tear the walls for you and keep the bottom part of the shower , so you can just tile and change glass. Try googling that, I'll see if I can get you a name . Or maybe somebody on the web knows something about it . Good luck in your resale .

o
RE: Replacing shower in master bath

I wouldn't touch it! Just give it a super good cleaning, and stash the hanging basket when you have showings.

It would cost you thousands to replace, and your new buyer may prefer a solid surface shower instead of whatever tile you put up there.

Put the money into fabulous thick towels and a new (not dark brown) mat. Bonus is those will go with you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here