Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Enduring -I have a question

Posted by Karenseb (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 16:35

Hi Enduring,

I saw your post where you put the small linen cabinet next to the tub.
My question is how close to the toilet is the cabinet. It looks like you have enough room to open the door. I like how you did rolling drawers.

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Enduring -I have a question

Hi, I had an excellent cabinet maker make this for me. Measurements were intuitive for him. The drawers are not the full depth of the cabinet which is about 31". I wanted the pullouts for tidy storage. This setup holds the plumbing too. The drawers are set away from the side with the plumbing; the needed distance to allow for the plumbing. This setup is similar to what was put in decades ago but without the pullouts. The old setup had the plumbing came up from the basement into the old cupboard. Things got lost in that setup because it was like a deep cave. When I remodeled, I like the setup to house the plumbing, but wanted pullouts.

25.5" centerline toilet to face frame
Door is 16.5" inset
pullout is 20-7/8" long. The top shelf does hit the toilet tank so I put a bumper on it. The bottom drawer opens without the obstruction of the tank, about an inch more.

photo IMG_1653.jpg
old bathroom getting torn out photo IMG_2080_zps5874edb5.jpg
low shot of tub photo IMG_3885_zps71183be4.jpg
tub cabinet photo IMG_3892_zpsecbdb25c.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here