Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suska6184

handshower hoses

suska6184
12 years ago

We have never had a handshower and would like to put one in our remodel. Our sink faucet is a Hansgrohe so we prefer to stay with that brand. I see they have both what is called a techniflex and a sensoflex hose. One sounds like it's metal with a thin plastic coating, and the other seems to be all plastic. Since we've never had this setup before, I am a little concerned with a hose twisting and sticking out too much from the wall. Anyone have experience with these particular items- any issues, or reason to choose one over the other? Thanks for any input.

Comments (8)

• nycbluedevil
    12 years ago

We have the Hansgrohe handshowers. The deal is that the handshowers come with the plastic hose included (at least the ones we got) and you have to buy the metal one separately if you want it. The metal ones lay flatter against the wall. They don't twist like the metal ones of yesteryear did. Some people say they are ok with the plastic one. We got the metal ones and like them a lot. I think there is a thread that includes a discussion on the hoses.

• suska6184
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and placed my order. It comes with the sensoflex which I think is metal.

nycbluedevil, could you point me in the direction of that thread? I searched without luck, but if there is one, I'd be interested in reading it.

gbsim, could you clarify for me how the valve placement affects how the hose lays? I'm trying to picture that, but I'm not sure what you mean. Sorry to sound dumb, but we have not had this before.

Thanks again for your help!

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

Before the plumber did his final "thing" my husband and I got in the shower space with the handshower and hose. First we determined where we wanted the handshower bar in relation to the main head. Our bar swivels and so this height lets the handshower swivel over under the main head without interfering and yet was still high enough for me to stand under. (they can't run at the same time).
    Then one of us held the handshower where it would usually be when it was on on the bar and the other one slid the supply elbow (attached to the hose) around on the wall). We found if we went up too high or too close to the bar then the hose sort of jutted out into the shower.
    For us this was the perfect set up:

• suska6184
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, gbsim. The visual is very helpful. It now makes sense to me to place the supply low on the wall. Your set up looks nice. I now kind of regret ordering a 24" bar rather then the 36".

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

I bet your 24" bar will be just fine! I don't have little ones using the shower, but even if I did, I can't imagine needing the lower 12" of our bar!

• catbuilder
    12 years ago

24" is more than adequate. I have the 24" bar, and I have users ranging from a 9-year old girl that doesn't always want to get her hair wet (so it's set very low), to a 6-foot tall young man. It sees a lot of usage going up and down!

• suska6184
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I guess I was thinking about someone's comment somewhere on this forum about using the slidebar to aim the spray right on the lower back, so I was afraid (after I'd ordered the 24") that that great idea would probably not be an option for me now.