Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rectangular vessel sink

Posted by samana (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 16:27

Hello.

We were just going to go with a pedestal sink in our small (3x6) powder room but my husband likes the look of the vessel sinks. I really love some of the glass designs, too, but I was concerned about usability. The round vessel bowls seem awkward to me, especially if you are short. Then I saw some rectangular ones, which seems like they would be much more user friendly. I'm just wondering now about the depth and if there would be a lot of splashing. Does anyone have one of these or used one? I've posted a link below. This example has a round waterfall faucet, but I was thinking of just getting the sink. Also, any suggestions on a cabinet base for this?

http://www.expressdecor.com/kraus-c-gvr-204-re-10-irruption-blue-rectangular-glass-vessel-sink-and-waterfall-faucet.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rectangular vessel sink

We have a rectangular sink (not a vessel sink) with cabinet from IKEA. I forget the name but it was cheap, and is just about 15 inches deep (by about 24 wide), which is one reason why we got it. For the money it looks great; we get more compliments on that cheap item then on anything else in our house! We got a single-hole faucet from Ikea to go with it.

My issue is that the faucet is at the center-back, facing straight forward, and with the narrowness and relative shallowness of the sink you have to set the water pressure on the low side to avoid splashing. Part of the problem, however, is the Ikea faucet. It just adds the hot and cold together at the middle setting, instead of cutting one back as it increases the other like an American faucet. With an American faucet we might not have this problem.

Nonetheless we are happy with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here