Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sanijet quality / comparison

Posted by panchoandlefty (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 15:57

We are remodeling a master bath. I could use some help on Whirlpools from those of you with some knowledge and passion. Right now, we have a 48" round 27" deep Pearl Bath Whirlpool that was original to our bathroom, circa 1990. basically, it is like a deep Japanese soaker, with a seat and jets.

We bought the house 7 years ago. The first time I tried to use it, black gunk came out and I never turned it on again. Occasionally, I do a bleach rinse and my husband will use it, but I just can't get over the grossness.

Now, we are re-doing the master bath. My husband's single request is that he gets a "real" whirlpool (not an air tub). We both prefer the more targeted, vigorous massage from whirlpool jets.

All I really care about it that it is clean. After the initial novelty wears off, don't see it getting used daily (or even weekly) as a whirlpool, though I'm sure the kids will keep using it as a monster-sized bathtub. I know from experience with the current tub, that if no one is using it, the pipes won't get flushed regularly... and the first time I see goop coming out, I'm done with it.

The bathroom has some design issues- not the least of which is that 2 of the walls are floor to ceiling curved glass brick wall that serve as a partition between the master bath and the master bedroom. The tub sits in front of the wall. The current tub is fully recessed (crawl space underneath). I don't know how we'll instal the new tub so that it is functional, but doesn't obscure the glass brick too much.

I'm leaning toward Sanijet, but I have a couple of questions. I'm not sure if it is a comparably good whirlpool, or just a one-trick-pony for those who are mostly preoccupied with pipe maintenance.

1- How is the build quality? Around here, the biggies are Kohler, Bain Ultra, etc. Does a Sanijet Tub have the same substantial feel?

2- Service issues- Given that they are not a "mainstream" brand in Tulsa, if I do have a problem, is finding service a problem?

3- When compared to other "true" jetted whirlpools, how is the strength of the jet stream? Is strong enough for a deep tissue massage? In other words, is the therapeutic value comparable to a piped whirlpool, or is it different.

4- If you have a Sanijet, why did you choose it and would you do so again?

I've read all of the older threads. I don't see a lot of complaints, but also not many specifics about Sanijet Love.

All opinions and experiences are appreciated!

Thanks!

Stephanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sanijet quality / comparison

I love mine, but have not had any other brand so can't compare. As far as potential repairs, all the motors and electronics are accessible and removable from inside the tub, so I suspect you just pull them out and replace or send to the factory for repair; at least I hope so. It seems to be top quality, but again, I have nothing to compare to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here