Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panchoandlefty_gw

sanijet quality / comparison

panchoandlefty
11 years ago

We are remodeling a master bath. I could use some help on Whirlpools from those of you with some knowledge and passion. Right now, we have a 48" round 27" deep Pearl Bath Whirlpool that was original to our bathroom, circa 1990. basically, it is like a deep Japanese soaker, with a seat and jets.

We bought the house 7 years ago. The first time I tried to use it, black gunk came out and I never turned it on again. Occasionally, I do a bleach rinse and my husband will use it, but I just can't get over the grossness.

Now, we are re-doing the master bath. My husband's single request is that he gets a "real" whirlpool (not an air tub). We both prefer the more targeted, vigorous massage from whirlpool jets.

All I really care about it that it is clean. After the initial novelty wears off, don't see it getting used daily (or even weekly) as a whirlpool, though I'm sure the kids will keep using it as a monster-sized bathtub. I know from experience with the current tub, that if no one is using it, the pipes won't get flushed regularly... and the first time I see goop coming out, I'm done with it.

The bathroom has some design issues- not the least of which is that 2 of the walls are floor to ceiling curved glass brick wall that serve as a partition between the master bath and the master bedroom. The tub sits in front of the wall. The current tub is fully recessed (crawl space underneath). I don't know how we'll instal the new tub so that it is functional, but doesn't obscure the glass brick too much.

I'm leaning toward Sanijet, but I have a couple of questions. I'm not sure if it is a comparably good whirlpool, or just a one-trick-pony for those who are mostly preoccupied with pipe maintenance.

1- How is the build quality? Around here, the biggies are Kohler, Bain Ultra, etc. Does a Sanijet Tub have the same substantial feel?

2- Service issues- Given that they are not a "mainstream" brand in Tulsa, if I do have a problem, is finding service a problem?

3- When compared to other "true" jetted whirlpools, how is the strength of the jet stream? Is strong enough for a deep tissue massage? In other words, is the therapeutic value comparable to a piped whirlpool, or is it different.

4- If you have a Sanijet, why did you choose it and would you do so again?

I've read all of the older threads. I don't see a lot of complaints, but also not many specifics about Sanijet Love.

All opinions and experiences are appreciated!

Thanks!

Stephanie

Comment (1)