Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Bone White Sink & Toilet- What color Bathroom Walls?

susanlynn2012
11 years ago

Bone White Sink & Toilet- What color Bathroom Walls?

I would love pictures since the Ralph Lauren (matched in BM Regal Paint in a pearl finish in 2006 year) Deep Cream has always bothered me in all three of my bathrooms. I repainted the Master Bathroom BM Navajo White(similar color but does not have that lemon tinge and is slightly darker) and it would look nice if it was not poorly done and paint is dripping from the walls. The floors are ivory. I am thinking of painting the little guest bathroom downstairs that I have in my home office that clients use first.

I have here so many paint chips that I picked up at a place that I was getting keys made at today.

If you don't have pictures, any suggestions that would look good?

I WISH my toilets and sinks were white, then I could paint the walls any color that I wanted. All the vanities are an ivory bone color also. The room next to the bathroom is BM Bone White with BM White trim.

Comments (2)

• herring_maven
    11 years ago

lynn2006: "I am thinking of painting the little guest bathroom downstairs that I have in my home office that clients use first."

Have you considered a wall covering other than paint? If the walls already are painted with a high gloss paint, especially an oil-based paint, you are going to need a lot of surface preparation to get the job done right, anyway. If you are going to do the job yourself, and if you go to the trouble of the required surface prep, from that point on, covering the surfaces with one of the new nonwoven, dimensionally stable "wallpapers," such as those in Rasch's Barbara Becker Collection, is actually easier than the effort to do a first-class paint job. At least that was our experience.

FWIW, the very highly reflective (makes the room brighter) Rasch wall covering that we applied is not identified by brand name at The Internet Wallpaper Store, www.wallpaper.com, but is product 570631 there. It has been in our powder room for going on two years now, looks as good as the day we hung it, and it goes well with the diverse colors of the white toilet and sink, brushed nickel faucet, towel rack, and toilet roll holder, and the translucent bronze glass tile of the sink backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: A previous discussion in this forum

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you herrring-maven for another good idea. On the walls is semi-gloss for my upstairs bathrooms and Pearl finish downstairs in the powder room for now.