Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 'interesting' wall mirrors

Posted by deannad (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 14 at 15:32

I need 3 large (ie > 50" tall x 30-36" wide) for my remodeled bathroon. I don't want boring rectangles/circles, looking for something 'interesting'.

I've seen one that was rectangular at the bottom but had some 'swirls' at the top that crested to a point - looked like it belonged in a fairy tale :-) - but now that I'm ready to buy I can't find anything like it locally! I have visited the local HomeDepot, Lowes, HomeGoods, Pier1, BB&B, GardenRidge...nothing!

Ballards (online) has some pretty ones, but their prices (x3 anyway) are higher than I have budgeted. Any other online ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 'interesting' wall mirrors

e-bay? I found some amazing rustic wood frame mirrors. Not exactly what I needed for my remodel but if I had gone in another design direction I would have bought one of several cool ones.

o

I had a really hard time finding a bathroom mirror about that size, and all I wanted was a rectangle. Everything I found was too small, too ratty looking, or too expensive.

I ordered a frame online and I planned to have a local glass place put a mirror in it. Price-wise, very do-able. Unfortunately the frame didn't turn out well, and I decided to write off the money I already spent on it. Ended up with the look and size I needed from Crate & Barrel.

I think the key is finding your frame (eBay, Craigslist). If it's structurally sound, it can be turned into a mirror. My new mirror is silver, but has a slight gold cast to it. I think I'll get some Rub 'n' Buff and silver it up a bit more.

o

If you check online, Amazon, Overstock and Wayfair have loads of options, and many at reasonable price points.

Also, did you ask about ordering at HD and Lowes? They may be able to order mirrors from their bathroom lines that they don't have in stock.

o

Keep a close eye on craigslist. I see really interesting different mirrors often. Sometime they look to be the mirrors intended to go over a dresser, but some of the styles can be quite nice and could be refinished/painted, etc.

Try etsy, too. I searched for ornate mirrors and lots popped up. this isn't quite as large as what you want, but it's only $150.

or this for $175

o

Those are both great, but I need 3! Thanks for all the hints I will keep up the search! It's good I live in a large city :-).

o

Horchow has a good selection of more interesting mirrors. I bought one last year during their 20%sale and the price was fair.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horchow mirrors

o

Here's another one, Uttermost, they are a distributor of mirrors and you'll find many retailers that carry their product. You'll even see some on the Horchow site. By going to the Uttermost site you get the real name of the product and can then do a google search for the best price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Uttermost

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here