Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do marble floors in bathrooms get slippery??

Posted by twingle (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 15:24

I love the look of Carrera marble in the bathroom but I'm concerned that it would be really slippery. Is that a problem with marble floors in the bathroom?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do marble floors in bathrooms get slippery??

I don't know yet , I hope I'll know in a couple of weeks. I just installed my calacata marble tile floor yesterday . Waiting for the rest of the bathroom to be done . I already bought floor mats for the shower , tub, and in front of the sinks. I'll let you know if you can wait.

o

Polished can be more slippery than honed. More grout lines equals more traction. ie, at the extremes, a mosaic will afford more traction than a slab.

o

Once it etches, it's not so slippery or shiny any more. Starting off with honed marble helps the traction and to conceal the etches.

o

We've only been using ours for a couple of weeks. It's honed and I don't find it slippery at all. We also have mosaic on the shower floor.

o

i have a polished marble bathroom floor and haven't had any trouble at all with 'slipperyness'- they're about 12 or 13" tiles... i do have rugs in front of the shower, tub and vanity... but, not once have i felt my feet slip on the floor when on the bare tile.

o

Thanks I really love the look of marble floors. So would you recommend keeping tiles on the smaller size. I would prefer no smaller than12". My floors now are the real small tiles and I'm tired of the look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here