Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pedestal Tub built into one wall?

Posted by LostBread (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 15:15

Hi, all--I've got my heart set on a pedestal/clawfoot tub for our bathroom remodel for aesthetic and comfort reasons (those slopey sides are just too divine). However, we don't have a ton of space and the shower-curtain options are all pretty icky if the tub is free-standing all the way around. Does anyone know of a tub that can be built-in just along one of its long sides? The only one I can find is the City Bath from Urban Archaeology: http://urbanarchaeology.com/cutsheets/bathroom/tubs/CityBathtubs.pdf but no way am I spending $18k on a custom made marble bath... Would something like the Kohler Reve work with a little caulking? I think part of my problem is I don't know how to search.

Thanks!
Morgan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pedestal Tub built into one wall?

What about a drop-in or undermount tub with a fairly small surround? You can get a similar look for a lot less money, and have more space for curtains.

Really, any tub without a 'skirt' would work...

o
RE: Pedestal Tub built into one wall?

If you actually want a waterproof shower, then you either want the clawfoot/pedestal with the circle shower curtain, or you want an alcove tub with an integral tile flange. Nothing else will really keep the water out from behind the walls and of the floor if you use the tub as a shower also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here