Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
swanstone vs swan veritek?

Posted by nancita (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 15:15

Hi all,
We are installing a Kohler enameld cast iron shower base in one new shower. The second shower's measurements fit the Swanstone/Veritek shower base.
Has anyone had any experience with either Swanstone or their less expensive product, Veritek? All I could find out is Swanstone comes in more colors, but there must be more than that.
Thank you, thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: swanstone vs swan veritek?

We have the Swanstone solid surface; it is very durable, easy to clean, and similar to Corian.

The Veritek we saw looked more like the old acrylic/fiberglass shower walls - it was much thinner.

o

I've had the Swanstone solid installed for 8 years...it looks great. It does require just a little more than a light scrub, though, to clean the base. The recessed areas between the non-slip 'bubbles' are harder to clean than the Veritek surface, though.

My daughter has the Veritek because it was the only way she could get the size to replace a bathtub with the drain at one end, but it does look more like acrylic. But her 'bubbles' seem to be rounder which makes the surface easier to clean.

Hope this makes sense ;-).

H

o

I believe Veritek IS acrylic. It is a cheaper product than Swanstone solid surface.

You cannot compare the two. Swanstone solid surface is a Corian competitor. Veritek is one step above the cheapo fiberglass units sold in big box stores. It's a little nicer, but not by much. My relatives use Veritek in their rental remodels.

You should also go to cultured marble stores and get quotes. Their 'cultured granite' is similar in look to Corian/Swanstone - a little glossier in finish, but most people can't tell. We own both - Swanstone kitchen counters and bathroom integrated sink vanity, and cultured granite for shower surround on one tub and a complete neo-angle shower (walls and pan).

For a bathroom, the cultured granite has been as easy to maintain and as good looking as the Swanstone. Our bathrooms/kitchen were remodeled in 2003 and we are very pleased with both products.

We saved enough on using the cultured granite to pay for several custom touches that made a HUGE difference: edge molding and extra storage units. Install is included in the price of cultured marble/granite, which tipped the scale for us.

o

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We went with the Swanstone. The Veritek did sound rather inexpensive so, in this case, you get what you pay for? We'll see next week when it arrives.
Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here