Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancita_gw

swanstone vs swan veritek?

nancita
11 years ago

Hi all,

We are installing a Kohler enameld cast iron shower base in one new shower. The second shower's measurements fit the Swanstone/Veritek shower base.

Has anyone had any experience with either Swanstone or their less expensive product, Veritek? All I could find out is Swanstone comes in more colors, but there must be more than that.

Thank you, thank you.

Comments (5)

• oasisowner
    11 years ago

We have the Swanstone solid surface; it is very durable, easy to clean, and similar to Corian.

The Veritek we saw looked more like the old acrylic/fiberglass shower walls - it was much thinner.

• blubird
    11 years ago

I've had the Swanstone solid installed for 8 years...it looks great. It does require just a little more than a light scrub, though, to clean the base. The recessed areas between the non-slip 'bubbles' are harder to clean than the Veritek surface, though.

My daughter has the Veritek because it was the only way she could get the size to replace a bathtub with the drain at one end, but it does look more like acrylic. But her 'bubbles' seem to be rounder which makes the surface easier to clean.

Hope this makes sense ;-).

H

• jakkom
    11 years ago

I believe Veritek IS acrylic. It is a cheaper product than Swanstone solid surface.

You cannot compare the two. Swanstone solid surface is a Corian competitor. Veritek is one step above the cheapo fiberglass units sold in big box stores. It's a little nicer, but not by much. My relatives use Veritek in their rental remodels.

You should also go to cultured marble stores and get quotes. Their 'cultured granite' is similar in look to Corian/Swanstone - a little glossier in finish, but most people can't tell. We own both - Swanstone kitchen counters and bathroom integrated sink vanity, and cultured granite for shower surround on one tub and a complete neo-angle shower (walls and pan).

For a bathroom, the cultured granite has been as easy to maintain and as good looking as the Swanstone. Our bathrooms/kitchen were remodeled in 2003 and we are very pleased with both products.

We saved enough on using the cultured granite to pay for several custom touches that made a HUGE difference: edge molding and extra storage units. Install is included in the price of cultured marble/granite, which tipped the scale for us.

• nancita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We went with the Swanstone. The Veritek did sound rather inexpensive so, in this case, you get what you pay for? We'll see next week when it arrives.
    Thanks again.

• PRO
    Lyons Industries, Inc.
    6 years ago

To clarify, both Swanstone and Veritek are made from the same process. It is a compression molded solid surface. The difference is the material used and how much of it is used. Swanstone is typically a thicker surface and comes in a wide variety of unique colors using various particulates and fillers where Veritek only come in white, bisque and bone. Both offer similar performance and characteristics far superior to its competitors.