Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need wall tile suggest to match porcelanosa Moon Glacier Metallic

Posted by M_N_A (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 15:04

I am picking bubble tile as accent trim for kid's shower wall.
the porcelanosa Moon Glacier Metallic White is really cute. it's transparent with very faint pink green purple sheen, just like real bubble.
what would be a nice wall tile to match it without breaking the bank?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need wall tile suggest to match porcelanosa Moon Glacier Meta

or any other bubble accent tile suggestion? this one is like $30/sf :(

o

I think a polished ceramic subway tile will work really well with this. You can go for bigger subways such as 4x10 to make it more modern.

I'd stay away from any warm tone tiles with this border.

o

This looks like a perfect accent for a fun kid's bath, without being so juvenile that it will look childish as the kids grow up. I agree that a polished white tile (subway or squares) would be the way to go, both aesthetically and economically. If you want to add a little color a pale blue or green might complement it well - I would definitely get a sample of that tile and grout it before chosing a color other than white though.

HD has some bubble tiles at about 1/2 the price: "Merola Tile Cosmo Bubble White 11-1/4 in. x 12 in. Porcelain Wall Tile is a porcelain mosaic that features circular tile chips in different sizes and finishes for a varied look. Matte, glossy and iridescent glazes make this tile stand out"

o

We used Porcelanosa's White Thassos marble circle/bubble mosaic in our MB. For field tile, we used large format 12x24 glossy white tile, also from Porcelanosa (I have to look up which exact one).

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

cat mom, which vanity do you have there? It looks just like what I was looking for.

o

The sinktop is from Sonia. The vanity is modeled after the Sonia Europa (?). We had all three of our vanities built by a local guy. He made them a little taller than the Sonia's (ours are 36" with the tops, Sonia vanities were only 31" tall give or take) which allowed for taller open space behind the doors, and taller drawers. Much more comfortable to use at the taller height, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here