Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmsscs_gw

What color for tall bathroom cabinet?

lmsscs
9 years ago

We are in process on refinishing our master bath. It is white marble floors, showers and vanity backsplashes. We have stained vanities in a medium brown color. The other finishes are chrome, white and light grey walls. I held off in ordering the tall cabinet until I could get a feel for the size and space in the new bath. We have his and hers vanities and I think we could use the extra storage that the tall cabinet would lend. It will butt up to one of the vanities and will either be about the same depth or deeper than that vanity. Which gets my to my question, should it match the stain of the vanity or could I make it white? If I made it white would it be out of place?

One of my big concerns with this remodel was keeping things light. In our old bathroom you had to always turn the lights on to do something because the natural light was blocked. We got rid of the partition wall to stop that, but I feel like adding a tall stained cabinet will just bring that back.

The other question I have is how to trim it out. If it is only 84" tall in an 8' bathroom, do I just have floating crown at the top or do I extend it to the ceiling with flat stock and crown? Right now there is no other crown in the room.

Comments (4)