Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
capo19_gw

Bathroom Layout (Removing Soakin Tub)

capo19
11 years ago

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks in advance for anyone reading this and offering input. I really appreciate the help.

My master bath in our townhome is currently in major need of updating. I'm planning on either selling in renting the house within the next year. I'm mainly concerned with keeping a low budget and maximizing returns and appeal to potential buyers/renters.

The bathroom is pretty small for a master bath but has a lot in it with a toilet, dual vanity, neo-angle shower stall, and small recessed soaking tub with tile surround. There are no windows in the space and everything is builder grade ivory. It feels almost too crowded... the tub is kind of cramped in the little alcove making the shower and tub both feel small.

When I remodel the bathroom I'd like to remove the neo-angle shower and turn the soaking tub into a shower with floor to ceiling tile and glass doors. This would give me 1 high end place to shower instead of 2 lower grade options with the previous tub & shower.

My question is will removing the tub hurt resale value? Should I just update and leave the layout the same or do you have any other ideas for the space? I'm looking to do minimal layout changes to save on budget. I attached the 2 layouts below.

Comments (2)