Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mercerm_gw

Compatibility of Kohler & Grohe Faucets

MercerM
9 years ago

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me? My builder installed Grohe faucets in my shower and tub deck when I specified Kohler Sculpted Forte faucets (too long a story to explain how it happened) which are already installed in my sinks.

I know that Grohe faucets are better quality. But the Kohler faucets are already installed in my sinks and I want the shower and tub to match the sinks.

My builder tells me that it's impossible to replace the Grohe with the Kohler that I specified because these 2 brands of faucets have rough-in valves that are not compatible. And I believe he's correct about the compatibility part, not about the possibility of correcting his mistake.

Anyway. I have 3 questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

1st: Should the faucet design/style (not the finish-they are all chrome) of the sinks, tub, and shower match? (The sinks, tub, and shower are all different designs, That is, not only does the Kohler not match the Grohe fixtures but the Grohe fixtures don't even match each other).

2nd: Does anyone know of a Grohe faucet design that is similar to the Kohler Sculpted Forte design? Here's a pic of Kohler Sculpted Forte. http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Forte-sculpted-deck-mount-bath-faucet-trim-for-high-flow-valve,-valve-not-included/productDetail/Tub-Faucets/422075.htm?brandId=431870&skuId=379792&categoryId=431800&page=merchProductDetails&hash=id%3Dfilters

3rd: How hard is it for the builder to remedy this situation? What does it involve? The tiling in the shower and around the tub deck have already been completed. The tub is a drop-in tub.

Thanks so much for your help!

I'm also posting in the plumbing forum. I see my dilemma as both a design problem and a plumbing issue.

Comments (4)