Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Vanity Size Question

Posted by sthomas6978 (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 14:12

Hey everyone! I'm a long time admirer of Garden Web. I know that the people of this forum is very well knowledged, so here's my question. I purchased vanity light fixtures to go over my mirror above the vanity. There are two fixtures, each are 36inches. I want to know, if my vanity is 96inches, will these fixtures be too much for the area? I'm thinking of returning them and getting the next size down 24inches. Please Help Me!!! Let me know what you guys think.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Vanity Size Question

In my opinion the 36 inch is too big , because the 2 together will be 72 inches . Your empty space will be 96-72= 24 , so you will end up by 8 inches on both sides and 8 inches between them . I think that will be too crowded . My vanity is 98 inches , I have a 26inch tower in the middle and a 2 sconces light fixtures on both sides over the sinks .

o
RE: Bathroom Vanity Size Question

I think it depends on the light fixture and type of mirror/medicine cabinet it will go over. Can you post a pic of it? My 72" vanity with 27" medicine cabinets will have two 24" light fixtures above. The medicine cabinets are substantial with wood frames so I think the proportions are correct. The lights gets installed today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here