Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile Walls on Tiny Powder Room

Posted by tovster (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 14:04

I found some really large tiles that look like wallpaper, and was planning on putting that on all the walls of my 7x3.5 ft powder room.

Is there any downside to tiling all the walls?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile Walls on Tiny Powder Room

If you tile the walls all the way up and the floor is also tiled, the room will be rather echo-y, and tile is very permanent. other than that, no. It will be very easy to clean and you will never have to repaint.

o

I tiled one wall only (behind mirror) and probably should have done more, but the tile I chose was pricey. My powder is about the same size as yours. My mother's regular bathroom is tiled 1/2 up all walls outside the shower and is easy to clean.

As palimpsest says, it might be echo-y but if you have a window in the room you could soften the effect with curtains/roman shades, or hanging something soft on the wall - some fabric to absorb sound. Alternately, you could tile 1/2 way up for ease in cleaning and only have to repaint the top half of the wall every so many years. That would "freshen" the look periodically.

o

i guess the thing i worry about is that tile is so permanent. is this the kind of thing that will totally go out of style in 4 years?

o

If you are worried about it going out of style, I wouldn't choose it. If you like it and don't care if it is in or out of style, choose it. But tile is permanent enough that the styles are going to stay around because people aren't going to redo it.

o

What about just wall papering the room?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here