Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shellking_gw

Mixing metal finishes

ShellKing
11 years ago

We are doing a complete remodel of our master bath and using a very monochromatic look with cream colored natural stone on the floor, walls and surface. A similar cream color on the painted walls. The trim around floor, windows, doors and ceiling is white, as are the sink, tub and toilet.

The wood vanity and the wood paneling around the tub surround are both a very dark stain.

At this point I have purchased matte black fixtures for faucet, shower and tub. And have purchased glass and polished nickel for drawer and cabinet pulls. And polished nickel for the sconce lights. They remind me of "jewelry" on what I hope will be a classic looking bathroom.

So . . . what color should I go with for the necessary metal around the glass on the shower? I want to use as little as possible -- but there will still be some. Should it be matte black or polished nickel? This seems a big decision because it is not easily changed. For this reason, I'm leaning towards matte black because I have a larger investment in plumbing trim than I do in lights/pulls.

Comments (6)