Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Top Picks for Fake/Porcelin Marble

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 13:51

So I'm re-exploring the bathroom this year.

Love Marble. Just not the *right material* for a bathroom used daily with my lil munchkins and all...Too soft, too porus, too much maintenance.

I went to a couple places and looked at the *fake marble*.
It seemed too *fake* to me.

Anybody have any recommendations ya'll wanna share

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Top Picks for Fake/Porcelin Marble

You can follow my threads, I am going the same route like you . If you find one that you like , I'll tell you where I got it from . If you don't mind the grayish color, there are more options . I am looking for a white one . i am including a picture of the last sample one I got . Oh , do you want it polished or mate ?the picture I am including is of a polished one. Another member on the web suggested Anatolia . Check their website . I found a dealer next to me , he is getting me samples next week . This will be a mate finished one . Good luck .

o

If you are looking for counters, look at Silestone. I saw the one Kompy has in her bath and kitchen and am thinking of using it for my counters and tub deck. I have the real thing in my kitchen and it impressed me.

o

Here's our porcelain calcutta tile from Artistic Tile. We love it.

o

Hobokenkitchen I think this tile has been discontinued . It's not showing on their website in the porcelain collection.

o

Our tile guy said he thought ours looked so real because it was a matte finish. He thought the polished fake marble looks more fake -just his opinion. Probably some brands of the polished that are better than others. Here is one of numerous pictures of our bath at http://www.houstonbookclubs.org/hbath

link to tile at:
http://www.flooranddecoroutlets.com/calacatta-porcelain-tile-12in-x-24in.html

o

Thank you elphaba for the information , I'll check it out . I am waiting for a sample from the Anatolia brand , suggested by Catmom I think . It's a mate finish too . At this point I gave up on the polish, I am looking for the color to match the real calacata marble . I hope my contractor can wait on me till the samples come . He already told me twice , he wants his tiles .

o

Sorry chefwong , I wasn't trying to hijack your post . Just got too exited to find a good tile too.

o

Here is Iris US tile called Staturario Venato, I will be using this in my shower for the walls. Made in a plant in Tennessee:
Iris Marmi Statuario Venato photo STATUARIO_VENATO_zpsed348ef9.jpg

o

I don't think it's discontinued - we JUST did the bath it is a pretty new product.
It's the Exedra Calcutta porcelain in 18 x 18. Might be worth a call if you like the look of it. The tile has a TON of variation. I was scared when I saw it in the box, but I love it installed.

o

Here ya go!

http://artistictile.com/itemdetails.aspx?Pid=625&Cid=50&Colid=81

Here is a link that might be useful: Calcutta porcelain tile

o

Thank you hobokenkitchen for the link . I checked it , this is calacata gold, so the veins are more brownish goldfish tones I assume ?

o

Yes. The calcutta is far warmer and less grey than Carrara which reads cooler. I like both depending on the application.

I was looking at ours this morning in the shower and I think every piece is different. I don't know how they did it in a porcelain!

o

I do not see a cararra that Atlas tile makes. It certainly looks like the tile in hobokenkitchen bathroom is a cararra, not calacatta. I am assuming it must be discontinued.

I found an Italian carrara locally last week for $3.50 a sq foot but only in the 12 x 12. I'm going to grab it because I can't find a porcelain that is nice and white with quick delivery.

o

Ctkathy, what I noticed is that the tiles labeled calacatta all look white in the background, but with big bold veining. The Atlas Concorde that I found and posted pictures of on Lillo's thread is beautiful. I am 99.9% sure that I'm going to get the Atlas Concorde Calacatta line in the 12x24. That is the smallest it comes in. I don't think I could lift any larger :) If you find a nice one grab it and show us the find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here