Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble Shower Curb - Custom or Stock Piece

Posted by motherof3inct (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 13:40

My custom shower is being tiled right now. I need to order a marble curb 631/2" long by 61/4" wide, 3/4" depth. My tile store has stock ones that are 6" wide. My tile setter says it would work, but a custom piece with more of an overhang would look nicer. Do you think it makes a difference?

The stock piece is $75 and the custom one would be $155. The $ isn't really a big issue, but timing. The stock piece would be here Tues instead of Fri. What do you think? I need to order the custom asap for it to be ready on Fri. thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble Shower Curb - Custom or Stock Piece

What is your countertop made of? I like to use the same material for both (as well as any shelves in the shower, if you have them).

o
RE: Marble Shower Curb - Custom or Stock Piece

Going with white carrara to match the vanity top. I just placed the custom order. I think my GC wanted me to use a stock piece, but he'll just have to wait. Only thing is that my tile store said my white carrara shower curb and door threshold will be made out of authentic italian carrara. The Chinese carrara marble on my vanity top will not look the same. Hopefully the difference will not be too noticeable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here