Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
common frameless shower door height?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 13:37

Tiles surrounding my stall shower go all the way to the ceiling. What height should I pick for the shower door?

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: common frameless shower door height?

Jane,

I just measured mine, the glass is 78" high, the base would add another few inches (not made yet), glass is leaning against wall, haven't installed it. I think the main thing is that it is at least as high as your showerhead if you have one on the wall and not overhead.

o

Thank you very much, raehelen. The shower head is 72.5" high from the shower step. So in my case maybe 75"-high glass would be enough, letting me squeegee a little less space :-).

o

Generally the average height is anywhere between 72" and 76", but also varies depending on the shower head height.

o

My shower door company told me that the doors come standard in 72", 76", and 80" height. Of course, they could custom make a door at any size, but my cost would be less if I went with one of these sizes. This is just the height of the door not including the curb.

o

Millworkman and TSG1104, thank you very much for your information, very helpful. I'll ask what standard height doors they carry and go between 72" and 76".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here