Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara101101

Does powder room hardware finish have to match with the faucet's

Sara_in_philly
12 years ago

I have been thinking of updating my powder room on the first floor and I know I want a simple white round vessel sink on a dark (espresso or dark walnut) cabinet. This is as far as I have gone.

(A white vessel sink similar to this)

A couple od days ago, I saw a Delta Victoria aged pewter faucet for the vessel sink on Tuesday Morning for about $70 and I like it.

(The Delta Aged Pewter vessel sink faucet, the finish is very dark.)

Even though I never thought of using aged pewter finish faucet and the faucet is a little more traditional than my style (I tend to like transitional style), I figured, for the sake of the good price, I ought to make it work:-).

My questions are the following:

1) Do the rest of powder room hardwares(such as towel bar, toilet paper ring, light fixture, cabinet handles) finish have all to be the dark aged pewter now to match with the faucet finish?

2) Would all the pewter finish make the room too dark? This powder room has no windows.

3) What kind of cabinet top should I use, light granite or dark wood (or other dark material)? My concern is that if I use dark top, it will make the room even darker; but if I use a lighter top, there won't be the contrast I like between the sink and the top.

4) Can I mix in with other finish? Anyone has pictures of Vessel sink bathroom with mixed finishes?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Comments (4)