Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Shower/Tub Tile Question

Posted by desertdance (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 12:09

We are doing a complete renovation on an 80's home we recently purchased.

The bathroom tile will stay due to budget restraints. I'm not thrilled with the tile, but really, the time spent in there is nothing compared to the time spent in the kitchen, so that's where the big money is going.

The shower/tub is HUGE with tons of tile, and we can't afford to replace it all.

The home is custom. The shower/tub is unusual. The faucet handles are broken and will all need to be replaced. The dilemma is that the valves for the new faucets and handles might not fit the old valves so the tile around them might need to be replaced. Would tile strips floor to ceiling unify things? I'm thinking a solid medium brown to pick up the color in the flower bouquets (not a big fan of those, but it is what it is..they stay)! Also the niche coving is cracked, so possibly use the same medium brown as an accent there?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Shower/Tub Tile Question

This is the other wall. Shower/Tub has two shower heads.

o
RE: Master Shower/Tub Tile Question

This shows the tub faucet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here