Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrueter_gw

please chime in -- coordinating finish choices

jrueter
9 years ago

Making progress on my "coastal farmhouse" MBR project, but I would like to hear what you have to say on some of my finish options. We have a pretty large, but very dated, worn out bathroom. We are keeping the existing footprint with 88" vanity and standard WC except the large garden tub/shower will be converted to a large step in tiled shower.

I have attached my current mood board. The vanity will be a similar style to the white one shown, with a tall set of drawers flanked by dual sink cabinets. The sink cabinets will by Dynasty Porch Swing on cherry (the samples in the showroom do not appear as pink as this image on my computer). The center drawers will be Magnolia (a soft white). I am thinking about using a marble for the counter, maybe Calacatta (need to go to the yard with the sample door to see what works). Also shown are Kohler Serif sink and horizontal grey planks on the walls, which I would like to use, but I will wait to pick the exact paint color until after floor and tile choices are made.

ORB looks great with the Porch Swing, so will use that on the cabinets, and I already have the ORB light fixtures. What about a pretty glass knob on the white drawers?

I also love the polished nickel faucets. But then using polished nickel for the shower fixtures (rain, handheld and std shower heads) limits selections and increases cost quite a bit. Could I use chrome or brushed nickel in the shower, even if I use polished nickel on the faucets, or is that too many metals?

I like the idea of using a wood look tile for the floor - again, will need to see what works IRL, vs on the computer before finalizing that decision. I will probably use marblain tiles in the shower after all the great information I got here!

What would you use for the mirror frames? I have considered ORB, nickel, weathered grey wood like the vanity, a warmer wood tone, like the flooring. Help me decide!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio