Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naro_gw

Finished master bath-- tub, blue and white

NaRo
11 years ago

More than a year after a giant tree smashed our house, we're back home.

I got a lot of help from these forums during the long rebuilding process. Thank you all so much for your generosity of knowledge and spirit.

Here's how one of my favorite rooms-- the master bath-- turned out:

Details include:

Victoria and Albert "York" tub

Tub filler and hand shower from Signature Hardware

Fairfax by Kohler lav and shower faucets

Farrow and Ball "Borrowed Light" mixed in Benjamin Moore walls

Benjamin Moore "Simply White" cabinets and trim

Custom cabinets and shower

I Bianchi di Rex Calacatta porcelain tile-- matte on floors, shiny on shower walls

Super White countertops, shower threshold, and shelves in shower niche

Gatco Designer II mirrors

Lowe's Raleigh towel rings, bars, and hooks

Comments (17)

• enduring
    11 years ago

Beautiful bathroom. Everything is so well coordinated. I really like the super white with the floor. Thanks for listing your fixtures, etc.

Ya gotta love those windows!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Very pretty room. Love the colors.

• sue_b
    11 years ago

Congratulations on getting back in your house after such a disaster. I hope no one was hurt! Our trees all around could easily do the same so it's a worry but with all that natural beauty and privacy it's worth it. Your bathroom is beautiful and has a great high end look. You made great choices.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

I can see why it's one of your favorite rooms! It's gorgeous!

• sweeby
    11 years ago

Beautiful space!

I love the way the shower is more of a 'room' than a glass box. We're thinking of doing something along those lines, and I'd love to hear how you like it.

I'd also love to hear about your V&A tub. Is it the composite marble? Or acrylic?

• NaRo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It was very scary and disruptive, but nobody was hurt. Our insurance company and contractor were very good, and by kicking in a little extra on our end, we ended up with a pretty amazing home.

Sweeby, there's a nice symmetry with the shower roomlet at one end of the tub and the toilet roomlet at the other. So the layout gives some privacy in the shower and complete privacy in the loo, while creating a cozy alcove/frame for the tub and the windows. It doesn't feel closed off or cut up, I think because of the light colors, windows, and similar materials used throughout.

The V & A tub is "Englishcast," a mix of volcanic limestone and resin. It's supposed to hold the heat better than acrylic, and I think it looks richer, as well. Plus it comes with a 25-year warranty.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

What a beautiful room! Your V & A tub could not look more perfect sitting in front of the gorgeous windows overlooking your picturesque view. Wishing you many years of peaceful enjoyment in your "new" home!

• NaRo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, treasure! I've been giving the tub a real workout.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

What a relaxing elegant room!! Love it! Enjoy!!

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry that your house was smashed by a tree. That sounds devastating. But, wowza! The new bathroom is fabulous!

• Kate1313
    11 years ago

NaRo....

Can you tell me where you bought your tub from?

• NaRo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Katie, I got it through European Sink in Atlanta-- where I also had the chance to try it on for size. http://europeansinkatlanta.com is the website.

• mic111
    11 years ago

Lovely bathroom. I especially like the movement in the tile on the floor and the room like enclosure of the shower.

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

NaRo, your bath is beautiful. the view outside your tub is also so nice. It is such a peaceful place!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Luxurious!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Don't know how I missed this reveal, it's gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

• Colesy 111
    7 years ago

NaRo - i know it has been a few years but i am redoing my master bath and saw your thread because of the york tub we want to put in. I also want to do a corner shower very similar to what you have. Can you post or send me a picture of it to the ceiling and the measurements, including shower door width? Thank you! The master bath looks great!