Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished master bath-- tub, blue and white

Posted by NaRo (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 11:44

More than a year after a giant tree smashed our house, we're back home.

I got a lot of help from these forums during the long rebuilding process. Thank you all so much for your generosity of knowledge and spirit.

Here's how one of my favorite rooms-- the master bath-- turned out:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Details include:

Victoria and Albert "York" tub
Tub filler and hand shower from Signature Hardware
Fairfax by Kohler lav and shower faucets
Farrow and Ball "Borrowed Light" mixed in Benjamin Moore walls
Benjamin Moore "Simply White" cabinets and trim
Custom cabinets and shower
I Bianchi di Rex Calacatta porcelain tile-- matte on floors, shiny on shower walls
Super White countertops, shower threshold, and shelves in shower niche
Gatco Designer II mirrors
Lowe's Raleigh towel rings, bars, and hooks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished master bath-- tub, blue and white

Beautiful bathroom. Everything is so well coordinated. I really like the super white with the floor. Thanks for listing your fixtures, etc.

Ya gotta love those windows!

o

Very pretty room. Love the colors.

o

Congratulations on getting back in your house after such a disaster. I hope no one was hurt! Our trees all around could easily do the same so it's a worry but with all that natural beauty and privacy it's worth it. Your bathroom is beautiful and has a great high end look. You made great choices.

o

I can see why it's one of your favorite rooms! It's gorgeous!

o

Beautiful space!

I love the way the shower is more of a 'room' than a glass box. We're thinking of doing something along those lines, and I'd love to hear how you like it.

I'd also love to hear about your V&A tub. Is it the composite marble? Or acrylic?

o

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It was very scary and disruptive, but nobody was hurt. Our insurance company and contractor were very good, and by kicking in a little extra on our end, we ended up with a pretty amazing home.

Sweeby, there's a nice symmetry with the shower roomlet at one end of the tub and the toilet roomlet at the other. So the layout gives some privacy in the shower and complete privacy in the loo, while creating a cozy alcove/frame for the tub and the windows. It doesn't feel closed off or cut up, I think because of the light colors, windows, and similar materials used throughout.

The V & A tub is "Englishcast," a mix of volcanic limestone and resin. It's supposed to hold the heat better than acrylic, and I think it looks richer, as well. Plus it comes with a 25-year warranty.

o

What a beautiful room! Your V & A tub could not look more perfect sitting in front of the gorgeous windows overlooking your picturesque view. Wishing you many years of peaceful enjoyment in your "new" home!

o

Thank you, treasure! I've been giving the tub a real workout.

o

What a relaxing elegant room!! Love it! Enjoy!!

o

I'm so sorry that your house was smashed by a tree. That sounds devastating. But, wowza! The new bathroom is fabulous!

o

NaRo....

Can you tell me where you bought your tub from?

o

Katie, I got it through European Sink in Atlanta-- where I also had the chance to try it on for size. http://europeansinkatlanta.com is the website.

o

Lovely bathroom. I especially like the movement in the tile on the floor and the room like enclosure of the shower.

o

NaRo, your bath is beautiful. the view outside your tub is also so nice. It is such a peaceful place!

o

Luxurious!

o

Don't know how I missed this reveal, it's gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here