Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small Ladena vs. Archer sink

Posted by salbwil (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 11:21

Hi,
I'm looking for the smallest ( side to side) rectangular sink for a 48" vanity and have found these two. Can anyone tell me the virtues of either so I may make my decision.
Many thanks,
salbwil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small Ladena vs. Archer sink

These are both great looking options!

This will not help you narrow things down at all (!) but I was searching for a small rectangle myself for a small single vanity, and bought one that is a touch smaller - the Kohler Kathryn - which is 17" x 13" (basin).

(The Ladena is 18" x 12" and the Archer is 17 5/8" x 13".)

It's not installed yet, but looks great. Actually it doesn't looks small or mean in "person"! You will see that this is a dead rectangle though, and quite contemporary looking. The Ladena and the Archer are a bit more angular...

A few other options that I remember looking at were the -

Kallista Original For Him Undercounter basin - 17 3/4" x 14 3/8" basin
(I love the shape of this, but it's quite pricey!)

Toto Legato - 17" x 15" basin
Toto Waza - 17" x 15" basin
Toto Aimes - 17" x 15" basin

It's a very personal choice, but between the Archer and the Ladena, I prefer the shape of the Ladena. But this is slightly wider!

Good luck with your project! Let us know what you decide!

All the best,
Ruth

Good luck with your project!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Kathryn small undermount sink

o

we got the small Kohler Verticyl and it is great. I was worried about drainage, but it is fine!

o

I've posted a couple of pictures of the Archers I just used in my remodel below. They have a reputation for being smaller sinks, but they're really not that much smaller than many other options. I have a 60" vanity with a 62" top, so that should give you an idea of what space there'd be in a 12" smaller vanity--not really a lot. There are much smaller oval sinks, but you'd have to want an oval sink. I love the depth and lines of the Archer, including the bowed front and the odd, but nice, bottom of the basin. Good luck.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Kevin I have to say I love your bathroom and now will search out for your "completed" post and photos.

I needed the smallest possible rectangular and ordered a Nameeks Miky 40 that is 18" x 12". It's worked out great and it a true rectangle.

And now i see it is true. You can buy anything including the kitchen sink on Amazon. This sink is $280 there.
rectangular sink, Scarabeo Miky sink chosen as one of the most narrow I could find for this 22.5 wide vanity top.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon page for Nameeks Miky

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here