Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicgal_gw

Visual difference between Biscuit, Dune and White Kohler finishes

musicgal
9 years ago

We are using variations of gray on most of the ceilings and walls of our new home. I am in the process of choosing sinks and I am looking for personal opinions from those who have the Biscuit or Dune colored sinks/tubs. We currently have a Biscuit tub in our rental and it reads true white against beige tile and walls. Interestingly, the builders used White undermount sinks but one would never know that because they are mounted under nearly black granite. True White is the safest route... also the cheapest, but Ice Gray may be an option for us as well. Does anyone absolutely love or hate their colored sinks? Thanks.

Comments (5)

• mimimama
    9 years ago

I am trying to match a Toto sink to a non Toto toilet. They do not have what I need, Is it close to any American Standard colors or Kohler?

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I can't see how biscuit can look like a true white, if you mean a brightish clear white. Are you sure that's what it is and it is Kohler? It's a decidedly warm white with yellow undertones. It can show gray in it too. Definitely a white but not like fixture white.

I love biscuit and find it flexible. It's a different look and feel than white though. Very soft and soothing but still fresh and clean looking like a white. Be sure you like creamy colors with gray though. We usually see the brighter crisper whites with it. Depends on the gray too. Warm or cool. What tones are in it? I think the two colors are pretty together but it all depends on what effect you are after and what you like personally.

Sorry I don't know the other colors to compare.

Funcolors over on paint is probably quite familiar with them all.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I'm getting a Kohler sink (white), a Toto toilet and Duravit tub. I trust they are all similar whites. If not, oh well.

I will have a gray tile floor and gray veins and tones in my carrara vanity top. I love crisp white with gray, but I also love creamy white with gray. My walls will be a creamy white because it took me eons and hundreds of $$ to figure out the wall color I love. If it proves to be wrong, it will be another project for another day.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

snookums- I saw biscuit the first time in a showroom where the sink was in a pullout display drawer and it looked beige. Then there was a fixture out in the open light and it seemed much lighter. This sink will be set against the remainder of my white macaubus slabs... my slabs have some honey toned areas. I am trusting that the biscuit will provide a softer look than the stark white.

mimimama- I recall reading a thread somewhere a while back about how to match Toto and Kohler colors. I know that I saw something on Amazon questions in the Toto toilet choices. That might help to look there.

linelle- whites in different lines and products may indeed be different looking, but it is still the safest way to mix lines IMO.

I ordered the memoirs Kohler biscuit sinks after posting- will let you know if I am keeping them when they come in in two days. Most of my stuff comes from Amazon due to my schedule and circumstances.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, Amazon solved the problem for me, sorta. Two broken Memoirs sinks in biscuit showed up today on my door. Also got three intact Archers in white, so I am going to take one of the broken sinks up to look at it under the light before I return it. I will be able to tell if there is a color discrepancy between the tub and the sink colors that way for sure.