Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom creation - from scratch! Ideas needed!

Posted by jaynees (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 10:54

My husband and I did a major kitchen renovation a couple years ago that we continue to love today. We live in a 3000 sq ft house that has a formal living room and dining room that we only use 2x a year (my book club and our Christmas party). Directly above those rooms on the 2nd floor is the master suite.

We are contemplating turning the formal living room and dining room into a new master suite. Having said that, we can't have it be a carbon copy because the upstairs master has a walk-in closet that NOT over the living/dining room section of the house.

Our current bedroom space is 22x13, which is way too big. We are most likely going to have the 1st floor master be closer to 16x13. The closet will be 8'11"x6". This leaves us with an 8'11"x7'6" master bath. We have NO idea how to design the bathroom space.

We know the entry door will be on the lower east wall, turn in toward west.
There will be one window, 36" wide, center on the north wall.
We only want a 3x3 shower, toilet, two sinks (preferably with cabinet storage) and a modest linen closet. No tub at all.

You guys helped us so much in the kitchen forums with feedback on our kitchen remodel, we're hoping you can help with ideas on the bathroom! Any ideas on what we can do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom creation - from scratch! Ideas needed!

The best way to determine placement of the various elements in the bathroom is to know what considerations you'll need to take into account when running the plumbing, the electrical, the HVAC ductwork, and the exhaust fan duct.

o
RE: Bathroom creation - from scratch! Ideas needed!

Any chance you can sketch the layout and post it? I get the dimensions but it might be helpful to see how and where the bedroom, bathroom, and closet are connected. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here