Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bill_vincent - question?

Posted by Lake_Girl (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 10:23

(I think I ask the wrong person this question in another forum - oh well)

Bill - I just put up white subway tile from Lowes on my kitchen backsplash. I'm looking for a grout recommendation that isn't white, more of a light gray or taupe, to set the tiles off. We tried Warm Gray by mapei, but my dh is worried it has a bluish undertone. I bought Custom's Antique White at HD, but haven't tried it yet. Will antique white be too close to white, and make it look dirty? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bill_vincent - question?

I'm not bill_v, but we are using Laticrete Silver Shadow based on his recommendations several times in other people's posts on this forum. It is pretty similar to Mapei Warm Gray, I think, but I didn't compare them side by side. I know Bill has a few posts with example pictures of the Silver Shadow that you might be able to use as a guide.

o

Thanks, albryant! I'll do a search for silver shadow, I may even have that sample. I'm thinking a light gray, but not bluish. I don't want to lock in on a specific color, because I may end up repainting the wall color, and it needs to match.

o

Laticrete's Silver Shadow will give you the light grey, while the Custom Antique White will be more of a beige off white, taking you in an entire different direction, tone-wise. Either one would work well, depending on which direction you want to go.

o

thanks. did the custom brand antique white on sample board, and it is beigish. ever used warm gray by custom brand from hd? what is your thought on that color?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here