Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
victoriaelizabeth_gw

Toilet Review- American Standard. Tropic. Concealed trapway.

VictoriaElizabeth
11 years ago

American Standard. Tropic, Right Height, Elongated, One-Piece, Concealed trapway.

I wrote and posted photos of this toilet. But I didn't actually review it-- it was a bit of a stretch for me to write about a toilet in the first place. Let alone discuss specifics. But I could not find any reviews for this toilet, so hopefully this helps someone.

In trying to choose a toilet for our bath remodel, I read WAY more about toilets than I can believe. Spent all kinds of time comparing size, reviews, benefits... Once I saw the concealed trapway / skirted style, there was no other option.

My criteria:

One-piece

ADA right height

Elongated

Concealed trapway

I would have also liked a dual-flush, but that ended up being compromised in favor of all the other factors.

Everyone makes a version of the concealed trapway, but a lot of them look really modern, which doesn't work in my house. Or, they were really bulky. One I considered had what looked like crown molding at the base. And one had a ledge under the bowl... which makes no sense at all. Why do I want a ledge to clean? I am buying this because I want one flat surface.

I couldn't find ANY reviews for the toilet we ended up buying, which goes against all my control-freak personality traits. But we'd had an American Standard Cadet 3 prior to the remodel, which we thought was great... so I took a chance.

So. My review? Awesome. Overall, I'm thrilled. (As thrilled as one can be about a toilet.) If you're considering this toilet, and are put off by the lack of reviews... don't be-- it's great.

The one thing I do not like is the underside of the seat design. It could be flatter. There are feet-thingies that connect with the top of the bowl, and there are seams and not-flat surfaces. I think it could be re-designed to be easier to clean... but I think all soft-close seats have more going on underneath than regular ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Bath Renovation

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm