Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MBa layout help (pics)

Posted by sotodog (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 9:38

My MBa has several obstacles to overcome. When we built the house, we had them install a rectangular shower where our current shower is but it cut off the room too much. I'm attaching a picture and a potential layout for the reno. As you can see the closet, sinks and toilet would remain in place (also keeping costs down). I am proposing switching the tub and shower locations.

Bathroom layout

Photobucket

Photobucket

Concerns with the shower are:
What to do about window along the outside wall.
Is 4x7ft too big?
I am assuming a tub that is 4x5 ft.

I haven't been able to come up with any other layouts that really work and I am open to suggestions. One other feature we have is a skylight that is kind of over the open area in front of the bath almost all the way to the shower.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MBa layout help (pics)

So, what is the goal here? To get a bigger shower?

I think you can do that in place (without swapping). But, what is the goal?

o

We would like a bigger shower. When we built the house we had the builder put in a standard rectangular shower in place of this one and it came too far out and cut off the rest of the room. So we feel that we can't put a bigger shower in the location that this shower is.

o

Hm. Well, probably not a standard sized one. But, you will likely be custom if you swap its location anyway. So, why not a larger shower in place with a corner chopped off?

(I'm not trying to be devil's advocate... just thinking).

I will keep thinking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here