Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Direction for wall in shower in Master Bathroom

Posted by 3labs (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 9:16

I don't know which way to face the walkin shower. Either a wall in the middle and facing towards the back wall. Or put the shower on the back wall facing towards the bathtub. Here is the link to the layout.

Here is a link that might be useful: Master bath layout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Direction for wall in shower in Master Bathroom

Do you mean where to put a pony wall? If so, put it along the back wall so from the toilet you face the wall rather than look into the shower.

If you put the shower head on the wall between the shower and the tub, the controls can go under the shower head or on the pony wall. If you put the shower head on the back wall, put the controls on the pony wall or on the wall between the shower and the tub so you don't have to step into the shower to turn on the water.

o

Thank you. Wonderful advice. One more thought for you. If input the shower head on back wall how would it be w no wall between shower and tub.

o

No wall could work too. My parents' master bathroom shower only has two walls and they like it just fine. The only thing you are going to have to figure out is the drain situation. Were you planning on having a curb or not? My parents shower floor is lower than the bathroom floor. I'm not sure the above picture would meet code as it appears not to have an acceptable slope from the shower entrance to the drain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here