Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identifying material and worth of this vanity top?

Posted by daydreamzz (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 9:05

Can anyone identify what type of stone this is? Granite?

I’m going to be selling it because we decided to just stick with what we have to make our lives easier. We got it at the Habitat for Humanity restore and I can't remember what I paid for it. In your opinion, what is this piece worth? Here are some details:

• Double Vanity top
• Decorative Ogee edges
• Top cutout for dual undermount sinks (not included)
• Top pre-drilled for 8" widespread faucets (not included)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identifying material and worth of this vanity top?

Looks like polished, vein-cut travertine to me.

o

Since it is Very specific, I am not sure that you will get a whole lot for it, particularly on someplace like Craigslist where everybody wants everything for nothing, no matter how good it might be.

Since it's a conforming top for a double serpentine front vanity with two undermount sinks and widespread faucets, somebody has to be looking exactly for that and/or be willing to design a vanity around it to be interested at all.

I think this is really going to limit your market. Maybe a woodworker would like it to design and build a vanity around.

o

Dontate it back to Habitat. You will wait a LONG time to find someone who will buy that, and it won't be for very much. It's just too specific.

o

Since you don't have the sinks it is worth a lot less. It is not going to be easy to find sinks that will exactly fit those cut outs.

o

I'm with the others. Not worth that much. Donate it back and at least you can have a tax deduction for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here