Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All in One Vanities v. Custom build

Posted by duffydawg (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 8:32

Building house and plumbing contractor is requiring us to buy plumbing fixtures through his distributor. Many of these fixtures can be $600+ but yet the Pottery Barn all in ones go for $1000+ with everything. Plumber says those vanities have bad fixtures that will need to be replaced out in no time.

Is Pottery Barn and Restoration Hatdware the larger seller of the nicer all in one vanities? Where else should I look? Are all in ones not as good as custom? Are the fixtures on them that weak?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All in One Vanities v. Custom build

To gauge quality you really have to go to the showrooms and handle the materials. I don't think there is anything wrong with Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware plumbing fixtures, I would say they are on the same level as Grohe. If your plumber has other ideas, maybe he knows where you can go to see the stuff he recommends.

o

You can actually try Kitchen Bath Collection. Their website has a lot of Pottery Barn style vanities, and I was at their showroom/warehouse last week checking out their stuff. Their quality is pretty good, and they include cabinet, countertop, backsplash, and faucets.

I'll include a picture I took of what I'm most likely going to buy from them. It'll give you a better look at their quality.

o

And here's another picture because I don't know how to put 2 pictures in 1 post...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here