do you have a high mirror in a small bathroom

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 8:22

Planning 2 renos.

Torn on the small one.
5x7 bathroom

Tub, Sink and Toilet.
Small Pedestal Sink
Obviously, the Mirror needs to be about 8-12 inches off the sink. 24x30 is what my gut check is telling me or 20x30
Proportionally, methinks the 20x30

Do you think I can pull it off with a 24x39.
That would put me about a 1 foot away from the ceiling.

There would be Robern PL or M Mirrors, plain fronts, no bevel recessed.

Too big for a small bathroom ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do you have a high mirror in a small bathroom

I personally love a large mirror. I think it makes everything brighter and more open. And the extra storage space is always nice...

I just installed a large cabinet on a fairly small wall and I LOVE it. I would have gone even bigger if I could. I had originally wanted the Roburn Fairhaven, which is absolutely giant-- so may just be what your personal preference is.

Here is a link that might be useful: My medicine cabinet.

o

I hear ya...
It's just the way the space is laid out. Not sure it it works.

Tub is laying in the 5' side.
Toilet in the corner
Sink Dead Center between toilet and tub.

Not sure if having a high mirror somewhat dead center right on the wall looks okay. U can only step back so much ;-)

o

I'd do a mock up out of cardboard. Cover it with aluminum foil to reflect some light and see how it looks in the space in the size you are thinking.

o

That's a tough call. Light is important role as it affects how paint, surfacing s look in the space. The light in the space right now is going to be totally different than how it's speced when gutted.

Window RO as well.

o

Here's the one in our powder room. It is 16" x 48" including the 2" border. We had it made this high to cover the electrical box from the original over-the-mirror light. Gives a nice height to the room (4 x 6) and totally useful for a PR.

Remodel 1

o

Foam Core Boards to the rescue.
Cut to size.

Totally going with the 39" unit.
Play around with possible locations on how ~low~ I would go to the sink.

Next up - not too modern, not too old fashioned - recessed toilet paper holders. I've looked briefly. I know my options are limited

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here