Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with floor to go with Porcelanosa Madison Nacar and carrara

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 3:32

I'm planning on using Porcelanosa Madison Nacar (run vertically) for the shower walls and carrara on the vanity tops. The carrara is not a grey as some others I've seen but not really white either. The vanities are white inset cabinets and the walls will be a blueish/greyish color. Please help me with a floor. I don't really want to do real marble because of the maintenance. This is for my master bath and there is a freestanding tub. I'm thinking that larger tiles (18x18) would be best but I would also consider larger tiles for the perimeter and smaller mosaic for a center "rug". I've considered porcelain marble look alike but just haven't found the right one to go with the shower tile and carrara. I'm also thinking that maybe I need to go more grey on the floor. HELP! The tile guy will be asking for my tile any day now.

http://www.porcelanosa-usa.com/home/products/tile/wall.aspx/d=15151/title=Madison_Nacar#tab-12x35&sample=True

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with floor to go with Porcelanosa Madison Nacar and carr

I have gone your route weeks ago and made the round of finding a nice fake marble tile . You can look at my threads if you are still considering a fake marble tile . There were many options suggested by a lot of members on this web . If not than I think with your white walls and cabinets the only solid color that you can have on the floor is grey . I personally didn't like grey and went with the real marble . There will always be a difference between the real and the fake . You can see the difference on my threads too with the choices that I had and the real marble end result. Good luck.

o

With the tiles you have picked, I think a nice simple Porcelanosa floor tile in gray would look perfect. I haven't looked at much of their tile, but something quiet without much movement would be best. Let the marble and wall tile be the star players, the floor is supporting cast.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202038615?productId=202038615&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC-_-product-2-_-202038613-_-202038615-_-N#.UZQkESufGDo

o

I think a dark floor would look best with that tile and the Carrara counter. Either a dark grey, large tile, or maybe tile that looks like wood planks in a dark brown.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here