Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Infinity Drain

Posted by GreenDog194 (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 2:32

Since I can't seem to find a shower pan I like, I'm considering using tile, but big tiles to avoid grout (the reason I wanted a shower pan in the first place). To avoid having to cut big tile into angles to get the water to drain, we are considering an "Infinity Drain"-like system, where everything drains to one side of the shower.

Have any of you used this?

Any tips? Things to avoid? Brands you love?

http://infinitydrain.com/

http://www.schluter.com/7957_7958.aspx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Infinity Drain

Lots of us have - search on Trench Drain

o

Thanks, wow, there is a lot of wisdom out there. Thanks for giving me the proper search term.

o

We are having a Proline Drain put in our new shower. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

o

We had planned to have the linear / trench. Plumber said they normally use Infinity Drain. But, I got scared off when the product finally arrived. Our plumbers chose the site-sizeable model. You literally have to cut the linear portion in two pieces to size it. Then, the middle section where the actual drain is gets glued in between those pieces. Cutting and gluing made me worry. Too much room for installer error. Does that glue hold forever? And, the Infinity Drain is completely flat with no slope. I was concerned about that, too. I would have preferred the Proline. It just seemed like a better product to me. In the end, I abandoned the idea and just went with a regular square drain.

o

While it is commonly called glueing technically that is not correct...

The glue softens the plastic in both mating surfaces and once the two pieces are fitted together the plastic from one piece actually fuses into the opposite piece to form what is technically called a chemical weld. Once the cure time has elapsed the entire piece is then one solid piece of plastic in the same manner as if it were two pieces of steel that had been welded together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here