Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone purchased from michaeldimauro.com?

Posted by T-Gorn (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 2:08

Hi! I'm new to this site and the posts have been very helpful! I'm about to purchase shower and sink faucets for a bathroom remodel and came across michaeldimauro.com. They have incredibly good prices.

Has anyone had experience buying from them? Their prices seem too good to be true! Is this a reputable business?

I'm looking at the Newport Brass Victoria collection.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone purchased from michaeldimauro.com?

Following up from my post and some responses from others... I did not buy from michaeldimauro.com. The price seemed too low, too good to be true.

Instead, I bought my Newport Brass faucets from Plumbtile.com and was very happy. They had the best price by far and were very helpful when I had to call twice with questions. Also, they shipped out the shower valve either the same day or the next day after I ordered it. The rest came faster than promised directly from Newport Brass. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for faucets or other products. ...Just know, like most online home retailers, that there is usually a restocking fee if you need to return something.

o

This just sounds like a set-up to me. "and some responses from others". I didn't see any. SPAM?????

-Babka

o

Yeah, I agree. The michaeldimauro.com site does not seem legitimate.
By the way, the responses I referenced in my 2nd post were sent directly to me (i.e., not posted on the forum). One person said they entered an order and went all the way to entering payment info, but it said, "payments are not being accepted from this region [the US]." The other response was wondering if I ended up buying from the site, which I did not.

o

It is definitely a scam. I was super excited, but the low price made me suspicious and found your post. I went through the whole process and it is a company in China wanting payment through Western Union. You'd never see that money again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here