Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Burnished steel or white RH medicine cabinet?

juddgirl2
9 years ago

I'm trying to decide between the white or burnished steel RH pharmacy medicine cabinet for the new bathroom we're building in DH's office/guestroom.

It's a small bathroom and we're going to use a sliding barn door for the entry. The shower tile, toilet and pedestal sink will be white and I'm thinking of using either a wood look tile or medium toned slate tile for the floor. A small bookshelf, painted white to match trim, will be next to the pedestal sink with a few vintage wire baskets on the shelves for storage. We may or may not put up some white wainscoting.

I was planning on using SW Dover White for the barn door and trim, and SW Antique White or Believable Buff on the walls, to complement other paint colors in the house. (Had a vision of a white and cream light filled room with travertine floors!). Just found out that DH wants to use a darker paint for the barn door though, and to achieve a more rustic look overall. Our decor is mostly rustic/modern country, so it should work.

So, I was thinking of using Edgecomb Gray or Manchester Tan on the walls, Dover White (or another white?) for the trim, and Gray Squirrel for the barn door. Adjoining room will have Dover White trim (to tie in with Antique White trim in rest of house).

Which medicine cabinet do you think would work better with these colors? I purchased some vintage pewter sconces with milk glass shades (clearance price of $59 for set of 2 at Pottery Barn!) and it seems like either the white or steel cabinet would work with the lights.

Thanks!

Edgecomb Gray in the middle and Gray Squirrel on left:

This post was edited by juddgirl2 on Tue, May 27, 14 at 2:01

Comments (6)