Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Burnished steel or white RH medicine cabinet?

Posted by juddgirl2 (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 14 at 2:00

I'm trying to decide between the white or burnished steel RH pharmacy medicine cabinet for the new bathroom we're building in DH's office/guestroom.

It's a small bathroom and we're going to use a sliding barn door for the entry. The shower tile, toilet and pedestal sink will be white and I'm thinking of using either a wood look tile or medium toned slate tile for the floor. A small bookshelf, painted white to match trim, will be next to the pedestal sink with a few vintage wire baskets on the shelves for storage. We may or may not put up some white wainscoting.

I was planning on using SW Dover White for the barn door and trim, and SW Antique White or Believable Buff on the walls, to complement other paint colors in the house. (Had a vision of a white and cream light filled room with travertine floors!). Just found out that DH wants to use a darker paint for the barn door though, and to achieve a more rustic look overall. Our decor is mostly rustic/modern country, so it should work.

So, I was thinking of using Edgecomb Gray or Manchester Tan on the walls, Dover White (or another white?) for the trim, and Gray Squirrel for the barn door. Adjoining room will have Dover White trim (to tie in with Antique White trim in rest of house).

Which medicine cabinet do you think would work better with these colors? I purchased some vintage pewter sconces with milk glass shades (clearance price of $59 for set of 2 at Pottery Barn!) and it seems like either the white or steel cabinet would work with the lights.

Thanks!

photo RHWhitePharmacyMedicineCabinet_zpsd121ba16.jpg

photo RHSteelMedicineCabinet_zpsaf21cddd.jpg

photo PBEllaVintagePewtersconce_zps3fca148e.jpg

Edgecomb Gray in the middle and Gray Squirrel on left:

photo benjamin-moore-edgecomb-gray-complements_zps4eb718bb.jpg

This post was edited by juddgirl2 on Tue, May 27, 14 at 2:01

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Burnished steel or white RH medicine cabinet?

Love that medicine cabinet! I would vote for steel.

o

Steel. I love the sconces!

o

Steel. Especially if you paint with Edgecomb Gray. The white might be a nice contrast if you go with the Gray Squirrel instead.

o

I vote steel. I can see that going with any of your choices.

o

Thanks so much for your input! It looks like steel has the most yes votes so far. I think that would make DH happy :)

o

Both cabinets were delivered yesterday and I have to say I'm loving both! They're both rustic looking in different ways. Really heavy and seem to be well built too. The inside is mirrored which is a nice touch.

If it were just up to me I think I would choose the "prettier" white cabinet for more of a cottage look, but the steel is definitely what DH has in mind for this space. I'm going to see how it looks with some different wall colors but I think this is it.

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here