Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shower guard or cardinal 10 coating for shower door?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 1:02

To prevent hard water spots and make cleaning easier, should I choose shower guard or cardinal 10 coating for shower door?

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shower guard or cardinal 10 coating for shower door?

Showerguard is a product made by Guardian that is actually in the glass as the glass is manufactured and carries a lifetime warranty. Cardinal 10 is an aftermarket product that is applied at the shower manufacturers facility and carries a 10 year warranty. The price difference is generally about 50% more for the showerguard and while it is universally known as a better product the decision is your as to wether or not you spend the extra money. A coating is in my opinion is definitely a good choice just up to you which to go with. I happen to work for a architectural glass and aluminum company and sell both as well as Diamon Fusion just so everyone knows my angle and am not spam!

o

Thank you so much for your very helpful information, millworkman.

o

For us that had to battle two existing showers,my partner and I found a very simple DIY project that solved our problems. We applied a kit from Crystal Clear Shower Glass Enhancement we found on Amazon. The kit comes complete with every thing needed to restore shower glass, seal and protect the clean glass from hard water staining and scum buildup. I still squeegee but with very little effort. The shower glass is no longer a problem and it has lasted well over a year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here