Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Difficulty removing 2-3 Floor tiles after cemented down

Posted by luvpatch (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 0:55

Hi! My tile guy started installing my ceramic floor tile in my master bath redo today. My tile is Calabria BI by Ragno where different tiles are different shades of color, with some being lighter, med tone and some with darker tones. Most everything on the tile layout looks great except 3 of the tiles with the darker tones have an rusty brown that I don't care for . How difficult is it to remove these 3 tiles since they are already cemented down? I was thinking of asking him to redo those 3 but I don't want to cause a major problem. The grout has not been done yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Difficulty removing 2-3 Floor tiles after cemented down

The tile man has a way of doing it himself . I think the sooner the better . When I did my kitchen , I would inspect the tile the following day after install ,by walking on it to check if its leveled. If some were not , he would remove them and completely remove the dry cement underneath it , by scraping it ,so he can lay another one in its place . However in this process , he could break the tile that he is removing .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here