Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color countertop??????

Posted by angeez (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 0:52

I am the worst at making decisions, I swear it gets worse the older I get (haha)! We are remodeling our bathroom in a few weeks and it is crunch time, I need to get my countertop ordered. My tile is a light dessert sand like color by Mohawk (almost like a swirl caramel like color), my cabinets are by Kraftmaid and are Cognac oak (not as dark as espresso but darker than golden oak). So what color do I do for the countertop? I am going with quartz for sure. I am thinking if I go light that it will definately contrast with the cabinets but will be too similiar to the floor. Should I go with a little bit darker? I have one that I like that has flecks of black and a darker caramel/tuscan like color. So basically I have a light floor and dark cabinet this far. Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color countertop??????

Have you chosen the line of quartz you will be using?

o

We went with a dark vanity and a light quartz counter that was similar to our floor.

o

We have the same kind of decision to make. We are remodeling the shower and changing the vanity/counter tops in our bathroom(s).
The cabinets are golden oak color. We picked out the three Cambria samples to choose from, but might still go with a different color. The photos shows the samples on our floor tile with daylight coming from the window.

Here is a link that might be useful: quartz samples on tile

o
Another picture

I have another pictures of the quartz samples...this one is on top of our current laminate counter...no natural light source. I like the quartz with the darker accents, but we are afraid that it might be too dark for our bathroom. we got a long narrow bathroom. One of the samples matches the tile almost exactly, but I think a little contrast, either lighter or darker, would be nicer.

Any thoughts?

Photobucket

o

I looked at these same three quartz samples. Loved the top one until I saw it on a kitchen counter and realized it was much too busy for my liking. On a smaller counter in a bathroom it might not be so overpowering.
Good luck!

o

Thank you for your feedback.
Which color did you choose? Do you have a photo?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here