Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vanity cut-outs for for caxton undermount sinks

Posted by yvette6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 0:28

We have a marble double vanity top with two oval Kohler Caxton sinks (the medium size ones). The fabricator just brought the marble vanity top and the opening for the sinks is not consistent. There is more of an overhang on the front and back of the sink than on the sides (i think this is called the negative reveal) - hard to explain but the marble extends over the sink by about 1/2 inch at the back of the sink (under the faucet area) and in the front and only about 1/4 inch everywhere else - or at least it tapers to only 1/4" pretty much everywhere else. This variance is more pronounced on one of the sinks. The fabricator said this is because the sinks are not identical. Has anybody else run into a problem like this with kohler sinks? I thought they were machine made and identical.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vanity cut-outs for for caxton undermount sinks

I have 2 of those sinks in my bathroom so I just went and measured. Both sinks have a1/4 overhang all the way around. I measured in multiple spots on front, back and sides. Were the cutouts done be machine or hand. Mine were done in the fabricators shop on a fancy, computerized machine. They just entered the sink specs into the computer to cut the holes. If your were done by hand that could account for the difference. It sounds like they are passing the blame onto kohler. I would bet that all the Kohler sinks are identical.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here