Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To Bevel or Not?

Posted by laurat88 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 23:22

We are in the final steps of completing our guest bath/shower. I always assumed I would put in a beveled mirror, but am wondering is it really necessary? Seems like it might distract from the mosaic. Or should I stick with the 1" bevel?

photo DSC_2157_zpsd2a46a17.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To Bevel or Not?

My personal preference for straight edged mirrors aside, your mosaic just seems to call for straight edges, not bevel.

"Groovy" looking room so far! :)

o

Oh man, that is one nice guest bath. It is fabulous.

o

A beveled mirror does not suit the style of that bathroom.

o

I agree with the others. And if the mirror is going to fill the space, you'd barely notice whether it's beveled or not. We had custom mirrors made to go between upper vanity towers and our mirror guy told us not to bother with a bevel for that reason... he was right.

What a cool room!

o

Thanks GWers! No bevel is what I ordered. Now to have them fix the light. Ugh!! They installed it today and it's not centered. Off by 3" and clearly noticeable. Why are these things not obvious? Seems like common sense.

o

Re the light not centered, it could be cuz that's where the stud was. The box has to be attached to a stud, was probably easier than putting in the extra work required to center it!

o

Good thought. It is new construction so it should have been obvious, especially since when the walls were open I asked them to center it. Ugh. I hate rework. They will have to fix it and replace tile (at their cost). Such a waste :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here